Saturday, July 15, 2006

Dailies #4

Back into madness - David is slipping this last few days, not depressed but rather manic - I have read that the summer months many times are the worst for those suffering from mania - so maybe that's it. He left early yesterday afternoon with one of his friends, saying he would be right back - I didn't see him again till six this morning when he bounced into my bedroom quite out of his mind - after a trying morning and afternoon he is fast asleep and I hope he remains so till tomorrow morning. And as when it rains it pours, my husband is now obsessing with the thought that he is going to die in this procedure Tuesday - he wants to make out a will. I keep telling him that he will be fine - but he has went on so long that he's managed to get me nervous about Tuesday as well.
On a different track - I just finished the best book I've read all year - Joan Didion's memoir - The Year of Magical Thinking - you can read more about it on resources.

4 comments:

katie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
katie said...

I don't know what to say. I really don't. I can't say that I know what you're going through, I don't. I can't say I'm here for you, we've never met or spoken. I am though. I can't offer to pray for you, I'm not religious. I know it's nothing- but my thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts also are with you and David and the whole family. I have a 26 yr. old son trying to make a life with his fiance despite bipolar and living 11 hours from where I live. Having them nearby and having them far away each have their own plusses and minuses. Either way it's so hard to know how to help and the medical solutions are so imprecise and unpredictable and the list of possible things that can go wrong is so great.... Wish I knew the magic thing to say.

Anonymous said...

On another note, I'm wondering why they're stressing your husband looking for reasons for malabsorption when your he's already diagnosed with celiac. That's one of the main things celiac does (cause malabsorption) Or has he tried staying gluten free a long time and still has problems?

Good thoughts and prayers to you all!