Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dailies #13

Harrah! One quarter behind us - with tons of encouragement, pleading, and worrying David finished his finals and has received his grades - not the grades he wanted - but a wonderful accomplishment none the less - My husband and I went up to visit him yesterday - I cleaned the apartment and stocked him up on food so I hope it will be a good start for this holiday season. David seemed better - he had mentioned becoming what he calls "pychotic" over Thanksgiving so I suggested he take at least 50mg of seroquel every night - he has been and has been sleeping better as well - now to get through Christmas - our next big hurtle - wish us well - I'll update you as the day approaches.

This news piece deals with some of the issues facing those of us with mentally ill kids leaving for college - an interesting read

Amherst Times - OFF TO COLLEGE ALONE, SHADOWED BY MENTAL ILLNESS

No comments: