Sunday, September 11, 2005

#23 Broken

I did not answer - I didn't know how - I felt as if I broke inside. The sea was dark - the depth bottomless and I was going down. Why fight? Why tread in a world where a merciless God would do this? - take a wonderful, smart, handsome boy, full of potential and toss him into a world of madness - and worse - if God wasn't merciless then there was no God - and if...and if...what was the purpose? I sat there in my kitchen beside my son and sobbed - he had looked to me for answers - for hope - I had none to give. But then a miracle occured - perhaps there was a loving God after all - an angel walked in the door - of course it was a very familiar face - but an angel to us at that moment all the same. What I couldn't give to David my mom gave to us both - assurance and comfort - a plan. I called the psychiatrist - he talked to David and he agreed to try another antipsychotic, Seroquel and begin lithium. My mom talked calmly and soothingly to David and after awhile the madness receded - it was still in the edges of his gaze - but my son was trying to fight his way back to the surface - I couldn't do any less than follow...To be cont.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. complete first lost season is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.

Anonymous said...

I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. lost space is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.

Seroquel Side Effects said...

My name is Kim Collar and i would like to show you my personal experience with Seroquel.

I am 40 years old. Have been on Seroquel for 9 months now. I would love to know how people sleep after having huge insomnia before seroquel as it is the most potent sleep inducer known to mankind.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
lack of motivation, extreme depression, headaches, hypotension, increased pulse, dizziness, weight gain, dry mouth, constipation, personality change, puffy gums, no interest in activities other than sleeping.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Kim Collar

seroquel said...

I have noticed a decrease in BPD symptoms just days after taking this medication (25mg) - the reason why I gave it an 8 is because I can only take it at bedtime since it makes me very sleepy!